Monday, January 11, 2010

Ginger Snap

I love dogs so much, that I will even take their photos outdoors when it's below zero wind chills! According to the weather channel, it felt like 16 below zero to be exact, during yesterday's shoot. This is a huge sign of my passion for dog photography, because I absolutely despise the cold. I would rather be boiling lava hot than freezing cold on any day. But, I would never miss an opportunity to capture a furry baby.

We planned on going to the park for the session, but decided my backyard might be an easier place to zip in and out for photos in this chilly weather. (and BONUS - I was able to use my new portrait lens indoors on this photo shoot.) Ginger is a Pomeranian rescued from a shelter by her mommy Bernadette. Ginger was a little nervous at first, but warmed up to me quickly, as all my client's dogs have. Ginger even let me pick her up, which Bernadette advised normally does not go as smoothly with strangers as it did with me. I love hearing these comments because it makes me feel like I am "the dog whisperer" of photography and really confirms to me that this is what I am meant to be doing in life. Thank you again for trusting your adorable baby girl with me Bernadette!


Check out Ginger's smile!


She was so playful in the snow. I love watching dogs frolic in this weather!







One of my favorites with Bern and her fur baby. Look, they both have their eyes closed in bliss at the same time.






Her high-fives are so adorable!





I will end with this photo because Bernadette told me this captured her personality best. Isn't she hysterical?

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

soooo touching :) love it! -rachel

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.