Monday, January 4, 2010

My Furry Model

It is amazing how life moves you in the right direction when you least expect it. I would have never thought when I was in college, studying Journalism & Psychology that I would someday fall in love with photography and photo restoration and form my own business.

Since I began specializing in dog photography, I have felt I really found my purpose in life. When I was a little girl, I wrote articles that were published in dog magazines about my Lhasa Apsos. I remember dreaming of working at animal shelters, hoping to save every homeless and mistreated dog imaginable, working as a dog groomer, or studying to become a Vet, but life took me on a different path. However, that passion for animals, particularly dogs, has always been in my heart.

When I broadened my photo restoration services into a photography business as well, I quickly learned my passion and talent was photographing dogs. My fur baby Remington is my model, my furry companion and my inspiration to keep moving forward and enhance my dog photography skills. Here are some recent photos taken with my new portrait style f/1.8 lens.

And stay tuned for a new 101 in 1001 goals post! This is a project I read on another photographer's blog who I admire. So, I am going to begin laying out my 101 goals which would ideally be completed in 1001 days. Sounds scary, but I am up for the challenge!














1 comments:

Kenna Skinner said...

Doesn't a good portrait lens make all the difference! Love them! I hope my tips about moving the focal point helped! It was so good to see you this weekend! Let's do it again soon sans kiddos! XOXO Kenna

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.