Thursday, November 17, 2011

Rest in Peace Sweet Belle - Coping with the Loss of Your Pet - Kansas City Pet & Dog Photography

Belle the sweet chocolate Lab passed away and crossed the rainbow bridge earlier this week. It hits me very hard every time I learn of a client's pet who passes.  Because I know the pain of losing a pet, I wince when I hear the news. It's like a punch in the stomach where all the wind is knocked out of you and you can't find the right words to say you are sorry. Because there really are no words to comfort someone when they have lost a pet. Everyone needs their own time to process and grieve their loss because pets are not "just a pet". They are family. And their loss should be treated as such.

Click here to read an article on petfinder.com about coping with the death of your pet. For animal lovers, it is not "just losing a pet", it is losing a furry child and companion who loved unconditionally and whose life always seems cut far too short. "Dogs' lives are too short. Their only fault, really," - Carlotta Monterey O'Neill

Your Pets In Heaven
by Ken D. Conover

To have loved and then said farewell, is better than to have never loved at all. For all of the times that you have stooped and touched my head, fed me my favorite treat and returned the love that I so unconditionally gave to you. For the care that you gave to me so unselfishly. For all of these things I am grateful and thankful.

I ask that you not grieve for the loss, but rejoice in the fact that we lived, loved and touched each others lives. My life was fuller because you were there, not as a master/owner, but as my FRIEND.

Today I am as I was in my youth. The grass is always green, butterflies flit among the flowers and the Sun shines gently down upon all of God's creatures. I can run, jump, play and do all of the things that I did in my youth. There is no sickness, no aching joints and no regrets and no aging.

We await the arrival of our lifelong companions and know that togetherness is forever. You live in our hearts as we do in yours. Companions such as you are so rare and unique. Don't hold the love that you have within yourself. Give it to another like me and then I will live forever. For love never really dies, and you are loved and missed as surely as we are.

These photos were taken at Belle's beautiful home where she had full access to a huge pond that most dogs would only dream of and played gleefully with her siblings Jake and Harley. Rest in Peace sweet Belle. You will be greatly missed by all you have touched.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.